The Kings County District Attorney’s Office is seeking seasoned attorneys with at least 5 years of litigation as well as investigative experience to join the Office in its Investigations Division.
Applicants must be able to handle a high volume of work with strict adherence to deadlines in a fast-paced environment. In addition, applicants for this position should have the ability to think and work independently as well as the ability to work in conjunction with other bureaus in the Office as well as with local, State and Federal law enforcement agencies.
Responsible for long-term investigations, grand jury presentations, trials, and prosecutions in the areas of public corruption, environmental crimes, organized crime, and frauds, including labor fraud, real estate fraud, immigrant fraud, elder fraud, healthcare fraud, consumer fraud, cybercrime and securities fraud. Responsible for handling a docket of court cases covering the above listed disciplines.
- Excellent investigative skills, including significant experience drafting subpoenas, interviewing witnesses, analyzing financial and business records and creating investigative plans.
- Excellent writing skills, preferably with experience drafting search warrants, pen registers and eavesdropping warrants.
- Strong court room advocacy skills.
- Working knowledge of computer technology and participation in sophisticated cybercrime investigations.
- Proven record of managing an investigative team in long-term, proactive investigations into complex criminal organizations involved in fraud schemes, organized crime or public corruption.
- Solid interpersonal skills with the ability to work as part of a team.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.